Friday, June 18, 2010

Perfect Day

I've been thinking about my perfect food day.

My challenge sent me back to reading A Cooks Tour, by Anthony Bourdain. I don't recall if I've read it before. Most of the book works in with his first television series, so its pretty familiar to me. But greatly enjoyable none the less. Mr Bourdain always enjoys talking about his favorite Chefs game of last meal. Last I heard was that his was bone marrow.

I don't like to be so morbid. I like the thought though of a perfect day of eating. Which is where my problem starts.

Breakfast is a doddle. Bacon and Eggs.
Although I can be more specific than that. A Gunshop Cafe bacon and eggs breakfast circa 2005. Two poached eggs, bacon, roasted tomato, toasted turkish bread and pesto. With a side order of mushrooms. They switched over to herbed hollandaise and sourdough a few years ago. Can't go out for a full breakfast anymore without comparing it to that plate.

Lunch, a little more complicated. It would be a choice between.
Fresh bread, butter, a mature cheddar cheese a perfectly ripe tomato, salt and pepper. I remember the first one. Which is probably why its so fond a memory. I recall my Grandmother making one for me. Just a little bit of an emotional link there. I'll take variations. Toasted cheese sandwich with tomato soup.
I could go with a New York Deli Sandwich. Pastrami on Rye with caramelized onions and provolone. The 100 building cafe at Oracle HQ used to serve them. They were great. Especially when teamed up with a bag of Salt and Balsamic Vinegar Kettle Chips.
Third choice, Rainbow Sushi. Though I suspect it could be for a wasabi hit.

Dinner, I'm toast. I need to think some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment